All student members of the Capstone Collegiate Real Estate Academy will receive the following benefits at no cost:
ICSC student membership that provides access to:
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals at any ICSC event, including ICSC LAS VEGAS, at discounted student rates
- ICSC’s online membership directory with valuable industry contacts useful for networking
- Academic Year-long Mentorship opportunities with top industry leaders
- Tuition scholarships, which include all-expenses-paid trips to ICSC Las Vegas
- Discounted rates for ARGUS Certification + Retail Real Estate Modeling courses
- Launch Academy, a summer internship program for BIPOC students
- Access to Commerce + Communities Today, covering news and trends in the Marketplaces Industry
- Proprietary statistical databases and other in-depth studies from ICSC’s Research Department — useful for academic work and industry research
- A complete line of publications, reports, and newsletters devoted to the retail real estate industry
- Please email Challie Johnson (email@example.com) to get access to the ICSC student membership.
CCIM student membership that provides access to:
Online subscription to Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine
* Free registration to four CCIM Institute courses:
Build Your Own DCF Model in Excel
Essential HP10B11 Financial Calculator Skills
Using Excel as Your Financial Calculator
Real Estate Financial Analysis Using Excel
* Members-only discounts on all other CCIM Institute educational offerings
* Access to CCIM Institute’s CRE Career Center, offering job alerts, career coaching, resume writing, candidate tips, hiring trends, and more
* Free access to professional mentoring by a CCIM designee via the
* CCIM Mentoring Program (offered to juniors and seniors only)
* CCIM Institute’s Member Advantage program, provides discounts on a wide assortment of products and services
Please email Challie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get access to the CCIM student membership
IREM student membership that provides access to:
- Careers in Real Estate Management guidebook download. It details types of employers, jobs and responsibilities, what it takes to land a job and move ahead, and how much you can earn. It also suggests the types of courses to consider while in college.
Learning and networking events, at your IREM chapter. Meet working professionals and ask questions one-on-one.
IREM Career Center videos, which introduce you to key concepts and career topics in real estate management.
Certification courses, the same as taken by professional members, give you in-depth instruction on key topics – and can be applied later to certification qualifications.
Webinars: Live online courses, just an hour long, keep you up-to-the-minute on subjects too current to be covered in textbooks.
- Use the IREM Job Board, which specializes in property management jobs at all levels – an IREM exclusive.
- Recognition. Apply to be an IREM Student Leader, receive complimentary registration, and travel to the IREM Global Summit, where you can learn, and network, with the top people in the business.
- Save on professional courses and resources, with members-only discounts on online and in-person classes, specialized webinars, and in-depth reports.
Please email Challie Johnson (email@example.com) to get access to the IREM student membership.
Financial Analysis with Real Estate Modeling (FARM) is an online self-paced Microsoft Excel course that teaches users how to financially model commercial real estate (CRE) investments from scratch. Starting with the absolute basics in Excel, FARM includes 6 levels that progressively get more difficult. Each of the levels includes background pages that break down concepts, definitions, and key real estate terms as well as an instructional voice-over video recording that users can follow along with. At the end of each level, there is a quiz that tests comprehension of the material covered. The videos total approximately 5 hours in length and the course typically takes anywhere from 7 – 10 hours to complete depending on the user’s initial skill level.
Please email Challie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get access to the FARM course.